Meet the Heat
The Idaho Falls Convention and Visitors Bureau (IFCVB) constantly strives to service each and every member in the best way possible. It is our goal to provide benefits that will enhance the business opportunities for member organizations.
The following represent the mission, vision, and goals of the IFCVB:
To provide leadership to attract tourism dollars to Idaho Falls and the surrounding area, and to develop Idaho Falls as a convention/meeting and events center.
To promote development and growth of tourism and the convention/meeting industry through the creation and coordination of cooperative marketing plans and programs...resulting in economic growth and diversification for Idaho Falls and the surrounding area.
The IFCVB mission and vision will be accomplished through these four goals:
- Increase visitor revenues, year-round, with emphasis on increasing visitor spending in the off and shoulder seasons (Oct.-Mar.).
- Solicit new convention/even business including, but not limited to scientific, government, sporting, and education/cultural, while retaining the existing convention and even business.
- Increase awareness of Idaho Falls and the surrounding area's properties, restaurants, attractions and events within an international, national, northwest regional and state tourism community.
- Educate our local community and develop a sense of pride in tourism and convention/meeting assets, which exist in Idaho Falls and the surrounding area and educate our local community about the significance, value and economic impact of our tourism industry.
The following is a comprehensive list of the excellent promotional opportunities that are available to you as a Bureau Member, which will help you expose your business to many types of visitors coming to Idaho Falls and the surrounding area.
Visitidahofalls.com List with E-mail Link:
- User friendly website marketed nationally on vacation packets, print and electronic advertisements, tradeshows, and brochures.
- Steadily increasing website hits which are currently reaching over 195,000 per month.
- Access to "members only" information 24 hours per day.
Brochure Distribution at the Idaho Falls and Eastern Idaho Visitor Information Center:
- Expose your brochure to more than 50,000 visitors who come through our Visitor Information Center annually.
- Distribute brochures to visitors, travel agents, tour guides, and other industry representatives from around the World.
Convention and Tourism Leads:
- Convention calendar and meeting planner contacts. This list the "who, what, when and where" of conferences and meetings booked for Idaho Falls.
- Convention booking notices. Periodic updates to the Convention Calendar.
- Tourism trade show leads. Qualified leads distributed from each show attended.
Membership and Marketing Tools:
- IFCVB membership and activities calendar. Lists all IFCVB events and major trade shows.
Members Directory listing:
- Used as a quick reference guide, encouraging our member to contact and conduct business with other IFCVB members.
- Updated annually and distributed FREE to all members.
- Lists members alphabetically and by category.
- Provided to local, statewide, and out-of-state meeting planners to assist them in planning their meeting or conference in Idaho Falls.
Entertainment and Dining Directory Listing:
- Lists all member entertainment and dining establishments.
- Distributed to incoming conventions and meetings, hotels, and any other establishment where tourists frequent. Also distributed to visitors in the Idaho Falls and Eastern Idaho Visitor Information Center.
- Mailed to the travel trade.
Calendar of Events:
- Promotes member and community special events. Distributed in paper form monthly to member and visitors. Available online up to one year in advance.
Direct Mail Lists: (Additional Fees Apply)
- As a member you may receive visitor inquiry and membership lists or labels for a nominal fee.
- Visitor Inquiries â€“ database of names and addresses of visitors planning trips to Idaho Falls. These average over 2,400 per year.
Inquiry Fulfillment Program: (Additional Fees Apply)
- This is an excellent opportunity to market your business and services to the over 2,400 people that request information about Idaho Falls a year. For a nominal fee the IFCVB will include your brochure in the visitor information requests we receive daily.
Industry Article Clipping Service:
- This service is provided to IFCVB members only via email and is your source for the latest news in the tourism industry. The Bureau belongs to several tourism-related associations such as TIA, NTA, ABA, RMI, WACVB, just to name a few. This is an opportunity for your business to take advantage of new and innovative tourism ideas and information without having to pay the high price membership fees for each organization. We offer all to you with just the click of a button.
Space: A Journey to Our Future
Museum of Idahjo
Currently, there are no upcoming events listed at this time.